Wednesday 16 October 2013

Dying With the Speed of Light

I'm getting closer to that line
     the bright line of the horizon
     where all pain dissolves.
I'm the only traveller
     flying in this dark cold night
     where no hope is left.

I'm getting closer to that point
     the vantage point of the galaxy
     where all wars come to an end.
I'm heading for this fall alone
     swimming through sunken suns
     and aching planets.

As I plunge into the pitch-black abyss,
     fiery comets start haunting me,
     pushing me towards blazing supernovas
     and super-massive black holes.
The universe erupts in glaring lights
     dazzling my teary eyes.
Everything is illuminated and boiling
     yet, blood is freezing in my veins
     and my breath turns into icicles.

I'm falling faster and faster now.

Worlds are exploding all around me
     as the smell of gunpowder and burnt stardust
     fills my lungs with dying wishes.
I scream out my pain
     but no one can hear me
     and my scream breaks into sharp pieces
     echoing back to me
     piercing my untouched hips
     my cold pale lips
     my barren chest.

As I'm dying with the speed of light
I can almost hear the sound of stellar birth
     getting louder
     and louder.

Come, love, pull the black veil of death
     over my fragile shoulders
     and smash my bones to the ground.
Split me into millions of fragments
     of cosmic dust
     and scatter me into
     infinity.

(first published in October 2009 on http://luiza82.deviantart.com/art/Dying-with-the-speed-of-light-141619863)

No comments:

Post a Comment