Wednesday 16 October 2013

Format ME: ENTER

I was a free space, they were the locked rooms.

I was an open book, they were the encrypted scrolls.

I was an endless river, they were the standing rocks.

I was a compass pointing all directions, they were the settings suns.

I reached for circles, they gave me squares.

I gave them stars, they sent me light bulbs.

I was a warm nearness, they were the frozen North Poles.

I called them poetic names, they tagged me with a military ID.

I showed them never-ending roads, they lured me into dead-ends.

I was a key.
They were throwing walls at me.

A key can open doors, not walls.

So
I stop
and
forget
who I am.

Forget
the circles
the stars
the poetry
the open spaces
the endless river.

I'm not a key.
I am the walls you threw at me.

(first published in December 2009 on http://luiza82.deviantart.com/art/Format-ME-ENTER-146401927)

No comments:

Post a Comment